Friday, June 19, 2009

Waffle Lover Report


Apparently, there are at least a few other Liege waffle fanatics in the United States. I just discovered a Denver-based company called the Liege Waffle Factory, which claims to make authentic sugar waffles that are shipped frozen and can be heated in the microwave in just 60 seconds. I'm skeptical, but curious.

They appear to be an adorable company (they even have a blog!), and I'm hatching a plan to befriend them on the grounds that they clearly know something I don't. Besides, Denver is much closer to my stomping grounds than Belgium, making it conceivable that I could convince them to teach me at least some of their secrets.

I'd order some today, but the it looks like their minimum order is 60 waffles, and they require next-day shipping because they're frozen. The total for sweet waffley bliss? A whopping $217.99, with shipping. Yeowch.

Even the waffle-obsessed have limits. At least for the time being.


1 comment:

  1. Ryder and I just watched a SpongeBob episode where his spatula breaks and he sells everything he owns, including his pants, to afford the prettiest, shiniest spatula he's ever seen. Sounds like you guys can relate to his desperation. As you might have guessed, the fancy spatula looked good in the window, but couldn't properly replace SpongeBob's original spatula and all the good times they'd had together. I hope you have better luck. Here's to finding what you're looking for, discovering a way to recreate the magic of Bruges, and striving to keep your pants on through it all.

    ReplyDelete